Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The GPS Drawing Device

Here's the GPS that John Anderson (http://www.johnchristiananderson.com/) built for me. When I approached John, last fall, about creating some sort of drawing device, I was thinking, at first, about a wooden box with a rolling pen in it that I could wear around my waist that would make drawings based on my gait as I walked. But, I've got to hand it to him. He took this on as a challenge. John immersed himself in this with total engagement. He first tried to think up a mechanical means, but the more he thought about it and the more we talked about it, it became clear that the thing needed to be digital. I'll be wearing this thing on my hat as it needs to lie flat and exposed to satellites. Next step is some industrial strength velcro. So if you see someone on a trail in New England with a blinking light on his head, don't be alarmed, that's just me... drawing.



GPS Drawing Device built by John Christian Anderson

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing this on your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you'll start a whole new trend...folks will see it as a fashion statement!

    ReplyDelete